Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Back home

I guess I have enough followers and vanity to go back to using this blog.  "MB Supertwin" is no longer the right name, as I no longer have a twin cylinder bike... MB Superbike, perhaps?  Hmmm, according to what you can buy today, calling the zx7r a superbike is a bit of a stretch.  Anyway, some pics... first, utilizing some cheap Chinese trackday bodywork at Gimli...


 Thanks to AJ Enns for the great pics...





 The bike handles pretty decent.  Certainly wasn't pushing it that fast, but the power is fun (not always stuck behind a 600 in the straights), and I get all the raving about the 7r's front end... solid is an understatement.















It is a bit of a tank, so I've been doing a few things to shed some weight...

High mount exhaust was a complete system, and shed a few pounds...  Currently playing around with jetting to try to get it right.

Lightweight battery...














Rebuilt WP shock...

EBC rotors (stock ones were warped), Nissin calipers from a GSXR, and venhill lines... brakes much improved.

But again the biggest single complaint about these bikes is the weight, primarily the wheels.  I am trying to really simplify my riding/touring/trackday experience, so I've decided to splurge on some nice wheels, and use some all purpose tires.  Stay tuned...

No comments: