Saturday, February 1, 2014

Plate mounted and gauges fitted.

Pretty self-explanatory, really.  Gonna work on finishing mounting the tank next.
Took a bit of fiddling, but I made it work.  The plate is actually from a KTM, of all things... like an enduro or dirt bike, I think.  Looks pretty racy!  There is now literally acres of carbon fibre on the bike.  I'm also monkeying with the bellypan... if things go well, that, too may be covered in the same cloth!












In order to tuck the gauge in where I wanted to, I had to fabricate my own mount.  Some holes drilled and a zig-zag bend with the metal brake at school, and it fits nicely.  The material to the RHS of the gauge face itself isn't quite finished.  I need to see if I can mount a few idiot lights there.  Track Electronics now has my loom (thanks for the 3 MONTH delivery time, Canada Post!!!!!) and John is working on simplifying the harness.  From that, I hope to wire in a few lights as well, and then clean up the aluminum.

No comments: