Sunday, January 26, 2014

Waiting...

Some new developments and modifications waiting in the wings...
As you can see, I am reverting back to a more "spartan" look in the fairing department.  This will be the teaser for now, but that is real carbon fibre, not a "CF look" (as in, fake) part or laminate.  I also spent some of my hockey referee-ing wages and bought a translogic quickshifter.  While it is the most expensive option (I think), by all accounts it will work far better than the dynojet I tried last year.  Its been described that the translogic is a "v. 2.0" evolution of the design, while the power commander version is like a beta model.  For some reason, however, the fittings on each side of the quickshifter are m8, not the typical m6.  So I need to source some rods and ball ends/rose joints that have metric threads to adapt to this.  Not insurmountable, but some more ebay trolling I think has found what I need.

No comments: