Saturday, January 18, 2014

Top Triple Returned

My machinist called to tell me the triple clamp was finished.  Not a lot needed to be done to adapt the later model parts to my bike.  Some machining, some time on the lathe and pressing in a spacer, and it is good to go.  You can see I've also placed the dash in situ... and yes it it attached to the triple clamp (there are two threaded bosses on the underside.  I plan to do some more experimenting with (and without) fairings.  Going through my notes, I realized I did a gearing change the same time I put on the fairing... therefore, because the speedo runs off the front sprocket, the indicated increased top speed may be inaccurate.  I need to do some more thinnin' on that topic...

1 comment:

exportmanuk said...

On my road bike I increased the drive cog by one tooth and this made the speedo 100% accurate. Originally it was around 7% over.