Friday, March 29, 2013

More work

It wasn't the Easter Bunny, but a few more items have found their way to me.  Some of them are minor items.

For some bling, I bought a PSR oil cap, and replaced the solid swingarm pivot with a lighter aluminum hollow item.  This is the rear axle from a Triumph 675 -- got it for 10 bucks off of eBay, and will work on any ex650 from 06-08, and the newer ones as well.  Saves .75lb!

 I wondered if part of the handling problem I had with the front end last year was fuel sloshing towards the front of the bike.  With an oddly-shaped tank, and never more than 2 gallons, I wondered if it led to the forks being overworked.  To prevent this movement, I bought some fuel foam and set about jamming the tank full of it.  It will be interesting to see how it works, but not having 14 to 20 lbs of liquid weight shoved forward under braking will be beneficial, regardless.

New thumb brake -- got a deal on it.

Rear axle sliders -- got these on sale as well, and want to protect the versys swingarm from any damage in a crash.  Might be a bit of overkill with the spools as well, but I prefer grinding polyurethane into dust, rather than aluminum!

Reminders -- hopefully start-up can be soon!  I need to confirm the radiator is water-tight!

No comments: