Friday, January 6, 2012

650 exhaust finished

This has come together quite nicely.  After recieving the scorpion exhaust from Pop over the break (originally for a gixxer 1000), I set about lining things up.  I actually tacked the muffler in place at home, and then got the master, Brent at Cycleboyz to tig-weld it to the "free" collector pipe I had lying around.  The end result is what you see here.

Nice tight clearance with the swingarm...
The muffer also came with a nice chrome-plated clamp (which I used to connect the tailpipe to the header), and a stainless strap and rubber bracket bushing.

I welded two m10 shouldered nuts into the cut-off end of the seat frame mounts -- this provided a strong and secure way to mount the muffler bracket.

I'll remove the bracket and paint it with Hammerite paint, as per my usual procedure.  Tubing is 3/4 x .065 4130 -- plenty sturdy enough!

If you ask me, it kinda looks like a moto2 exhaust, with the loooong muffler bracket...

No comments: