Monday, August 15, 2011

waiting game begins

The "Mitovarna" is off to cycleboyz to get the header fabricated.  Doing some digging to get some of the stainless tubing -- a 1.38" j-bend in stainless is pretty rare, although I did find a 2-1 collector on ebay.  Muzzys actually sells some tubing, so I might get in touch with them... although cycleboyz might also get what they need from their source.  It gonna be weird to not have the bike to look at for awhile.  Oh well, timing is OK as I'm back to work soon, and there are 2 more races to go, plus a mancation in the works, which will keep me busy.
On another note, tail section is painted with one coat of clear, so I'm waiting on getting the stripes (NRG signs, who did the Luckystroke logo) to have those done for me.  Will apply to the tail and part of the tank, and then another coat of clear overtop.  They are also coming up with some retro-styled numbers as well, in an odd size to fit the round plates I have painted on.
Race this weekend -- round 4.  Will post results as soon as I can.  Wish me luck!

No comments: