Monday, December 13, 2010

new shoes

It was time to get some proper race kit -- the boots I were using were nice, light street boots, but after reffing for 2 years I saw first hand how important proper gear is -- with the flag, you get to see all the crashes and the results, not just the ones that happen to you or the guy in the pit next to you.  Roadracingworld.com does a great job of notifying privateers about sponsorship opportunities -- at my level the best I can hope for is a discount on parts -- I have never, nor will I likely ever get anything for free -- too old and slow for that.  But a discount is a discount, and when I sent my resume off to pilotusa.com, it was with the hope that I could get a deal on boots.  They came through.  They distribute prexport boots to North America -- not a popular brand over here, but big in Europe, and these, the spada model, were the top of the line and highly rated.  I got a killer deal on a new set, in the size and color I wanted.  While I was at it I plumped for a chest protector as well, as more and more racers are racing with these in place under the leathers.  Pretty pleased with the result:

Like all race gear, I hope I never have to use them.  Better gloves are next.  We'll see what I can find on eBay...

No comments: