Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bodywork (re) Painted

Here are some pics:





























I also took the time to do the first suspension measurements -- rear sag with the new shock.

I set up a handy-dandy measuring device, using one of the rear trailer stands, a piece of square tubing, and some welding rod.

I measured and marked some increments in inches and centemeters on the tubing, and then sat on the bike, seeing how far "down" the welding rod travelled from its starting point "x".
While in a racing tuck, I reached behind, and marked the extent of the downward travel (sag) of the welding rod "y", and then measured it.  1.5" -- which is right in the ballpark for rear sag measurement on a bike, in a street application.  Considering the bumpiness of gimli, I might just leave it there for now.  The ideal "race" setting is 1 to 1.25", so I can always increase the preload or get a stiffer rear spring if necessary.

No comments: