Thursday, December 24, 2009

Going Green Again, maybe...

While at Canadian Tire, I came across a new Krylon Color, called "Key Lime" -- as in a psychedelic green... which got me thinking... Transcanada Motorsport has always been supportive of me in racing -- no free bikes, but a willingness to help, to provide a 15% discount, and Scotty the owner has just generally been a "nice guy" -- increasingly rare when I have expanded my bike collection to include Ducati, Suzuki, and now Honda.  Perhaps I should call the bike a "KLX400" (the engines and bikes were almost identical, save the color of the plastics).  Transcanada has been a long-time Kawasaki dealer, and I first worked with them back in the EX500 days, and later the ZX6R era.


This is Shinya Nakano's ZX-RR from 2006.  Arguably the most successful Kawi motogp bike ever, considering the overall results of the team.













This one has a slightly different paint scheme, and also different graphics.  A can of matt black, along with the green, should be easy enough to replicate, or at least be inspired by...

No comments: