Saturday, August 8, 2009

Testing again...

Took the 'mono out to my top-secret test facility last week. Was able to run it through the gears quite aggressively with no problems. A few adjustments will need to be made to the shift lever, as it is not quite in the ideal location. Bike ran pretty well with the jetting described at Thumpertalk for the CVK40 carb conversion -- 145 main, I think. I did discover though that the seat is a bit too high, with the C of G throwing me too far forward... I also can't seem to tuck behind the screen with a helmet on -- and finally, it could be contributing to the slightly nervous handling. So, I spent Friday afternoon moving the subframe down. I did allow on the lower mount brackets room for it to lowered -- new holed just needed to be drilled -- however, that contributed to... the length of the rear brake reseviour needing to be shortened; a new muffler bracket needing to be built; and a few of the electrical components mounted on the rear subframe to be moved. By yesterday PM I had the bracket completed -- I thought about making one out of aluminum, but it was too flexy, based on the material I had at hand. Some 3/4 mild steel tubing and the oxy torch created a more sturdy bracket, with some flex still inherent in the design. Today I will finish off the adjustments, and then remove and paint the bracket. While I am at it, I'll use the opportunity to put some dialectric grease in all of the electrical fittings when I put them back together.

No comments: