Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Re-Assembly

Work-related business kept me in Brandon today, so I was able to run some errands. I dropped off the Ducati headers at Cycleboys, and discussed some oil tank options. Basically, the best thing I can do is re-assemble the bike, and drop it off at the shop for them to take some measurements and see what fits.


Made a stop at Atom-Jet to drop off the two bolts to get threads cut. Both the rear swingarm pivot axle and front m10 bolt needed to have threads cut to suit. Should be ready on Thursday; I really hope this is the last trip there for this project...





Also stumbled across a really cool paintjob, suitable for any Italian bike -- this is a MotoGuzzi, but with some imagination you get the idea of how it would look on any bike. Apparently this was inspired by Vitt. Guareschi -- a Ducati racer, and now a Thunderbike rider (I think).




I started to rebuild the bike this evening, after cleaning up the engine with some "gunk" spray product -- looks better! As well, the carb was completely taken apart and cleaned with carb cleaner. I got new bolts and hardware for reassembly -- allen bolts from Canadian Tire, rather than the stripped out phillips head screws. No manual handy for reassembly, but I think an exploded parts diagram from Bikebandit.com might be enough for me to figure it out. I'll leave the jetting stock for now, but I anticipate it being pretty lean with the aircleaner and exhaust I've got in the works.

No comments: