Saturday, December 6, 2008

Some Pictures...

After an insane week of work, I decided to spend some quality time in the garage to work on the Ducati. After mounting the calipers, the brakes still needed to be bled. The fact that it was -20 degrees Celcius didn't stop me either. I also was going to do some more work with the staintune exhaust. You'll see from the pics that there still is a piece of the puzzle missing -- a chunk of header from the horizontal cylinder back...



By cutting a section of the forward header off, I was able to check the fit of the rear header. By tweaking it a bit to the right, away from the swingarm brace, I could see that clearance shouldn't be too much of a problem. Under full compression, there might be some contact... I'd have to take the rear shock out of the frame to be sure.


The system came with a reverse-megaphone exhaust pipe. A mile long, but seems to suit the look of the bike. I think a exhaust hanger should be fairly straight forward to build. I started work on one, but ran out of acetelyne. Will be awhile until I can get to the welding shop during their hours to get the bottles filled. Note cut off end of the forward header. Waiting for the 1 5/8 header material to come in from eBay.


This is, I promise, the absolute last bit of farting around with the front brakes I will ever do. EBC front wave rotor. FG/Disscaccatti single 6-piston fron caliper. Should stop well... or better than all the other manifestations I have come up with. Actually had to machine the mounting tabs of the front caliper to fit properly. Slid on perfectly.


Here is the carbon-fibre front fender. Will save me stripping the other fender when it comes time to re-paint the poorly-aging metallic white. It hasn't gotten any worse, but it will drive me bananas until it is redone properly. Need to finish the horizontal header, fabricate an exhaust mount, and leave well enough alone! Hopefully I can get back at the DZR cafe racer shortly -- waiting on that 17mm axle to come in the mail.

No comments: