Saturday, May 10, 2008

ReAssembly




For the last time, I think. Frame and swingarm/subframe came back from the powdercoaters. A nice durable finish, but not show-quality. At least if it were pristine, I would be reluctant to take it out on the street or track. It isn't going to peel, that's for sure. Cost me $250, which is a steal, due to the trellis design. A bit fiddly.

One afternoon's work got it to the stage you see here. Note the stack covers, which I hope will provide the same level of filtering as an aftermarket foam filter. I might add some K&N pre-filters as well. The mesh screen installed is pretty fine in terms of filtering. Will likely have to play with the jetting to get it to run OK. Still waiting on some parts for the rear axle (Dad has them) before I put the rear swingarm on. Want to line up the sprockets installed, and that will require some spacer juggling. So no sense doing anything at this point until I have the rear hubcentric to install inside the rear swingarm.



For the 4th time, finding discreet spots for all the wiring is getting somewhat easier. Its hard to believe how much extra footage of wiring is included, but I suppose there was an acre of fibreglass fairing to hid it all behind.
Home-made rearsets appear to be in the right spot peg-wise, but will have to get on the bike and ride it to fully be sure.



More to follow when the rest of the parts come in.

No comments: